Le temps d’un show, ces figures de la pop-culture font un come-back fracassant. Ou pas.
1. Tupac Shakur at Coachella in 2012. On stage, alongside Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, the shirtless hologram of the rapper, murdered in September 1996, suddenly appears. He performs the titles “Hail Mary” and “2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted”, then disappears. The audience loves it.
Snoop Dogg and Tupac, together like in the good old days ©HologramUSA
2. Michael Jackson at the Billboard Music Awards in 2014. Surrounded by five musicians and a dance troupe, the hologram of the King of Pop demonstrated moonwalks and bouncy dance steps at shows recorded in Las Vegas. Impressive.
3. Elvis Presley during the program American Idol, in 2007. On the stage of the American talent show, the King, all in white, performed his song “If I Can Dream” in a duet with Céline Dion. Since then, another hologram of the Memphis crooner is reportedly in the works. “One For The Money, Two For The Show”!
A virtual song contest on the set of American Idol ©Youtube
4. Whitney Houston on the program The Voice, in 2016. With everyone awaiting the return of the diva — who passed away in 2012 — via synthesised image, the planned duet with Christina Aguilera ended up being cancelled. Reason: The hologram didn’t really look enough like the singer of “I Will Always Love You.” But the rehearsal images are still out there as a consolation prize.
Christina Aguilera rehearsing with the hologram of Whitney Houston ©HowardJonas
5. Notorious BIG, in 2016. Nearly twenty years after his death, the famous New York rapper is slated to rise from his ashes. The pixellised version of Biggie is to appear in a clip by his widow Faith Evans, then leave on tour. Maybe this is an opportunity for a reconciliation with the hologram of his bosom enemy Tupac?
Notorious B.I.G. and wife Faith Evans, awaiting their virtual reunion ©BadBoyRecord