There might be less of them than their male counterparts; still they remain just as iconic, if not more for some. Join us as we tell you about our favorite female heroes.
1. Ellen Ripley, played by Sigourney Weaver, in Alien (1986): Does it get any more badass than this one? Some tried to go head to head with her, like the Alien itself, but it didn’t end well for any of them. The lone warrior is one of the most renowned American cinema heroes, all types combined.
2. Nikita, played by Anne Parillaud, in Nikita (1986): In movie by Luc Besson, Nikita becomes Joséphine once she’s been hired by French secret services who “offer” her a second chance at life after she had been sentenced to life in jail for murder. She is a ruthless hitwoman but falling in love will make her torn between two worlds… She’s soft but also poisonous, she’s a legend.
3. Shu Lien, played by Michelle Yeoh, in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000): the master of the Sword of Destiny and a Li Mu Bai martial arts expert, rare are those who can compete with this fighter. With her agility and her unparalleled poise, she is THE Asian badass wonder woman of cinema.
4. Black Mamba, played by Uma Thurman, in Kill Bill (2003): no introduction needed for Quentin Tarantino’s fiery Bride. Dressed in her legendary sweatsuit and using her sword like no other in both Kill Bill movies, Black Mamba has only got one thing on her mind: revenge!
5. Margaret Fitzgerald, played by Hilary Swank, in Million Dollar Baby (2004) : the life of a wonder woman isn’t a walk in the park and tragedy might lie ahead for her. Take « Maggie » for example: brillant boxer with a mean hook and a very intense fighting spirit!